Monday, August 24, 2009

Week 4, Day 1: Week 4, Really?

I can't believe it's week 4 already, and after the next run, I'll be more than halfway done. What? Can that be right?

Today's workout was so confusing I had to write it on my hand in pen. Following the standard 5-minute warm-up, it was 3 minutes of jogging, 90 seconds of walking, 5 minutes of jogging, 2.5 minutes of walking, 3 minutes of jogging, 90 seconds on walking, and then 5 minutes of jogging. Confusing as it was, I actually liked these intervals. 3 minutes of jogging is what I did last week, so I knew I could do that. 90 seconds of walking is the perfect amount. 5 minutes of jogging was killing my legs today, but I did it, and it was nice to feel a bit of a struggle. It was also nice to walk for 2.5 minutes after that. I don't want to psych myself out too much, but the last workout for next week is a 20 minute run with no walk breaks. I'll be damned if I don't cherish every one of those 150 seconds of walking this week!

I also had to add some distance to today's run. During my last 5 minute run, I knew I'd reach home before the time was up, so I added a short cul-de-sac and that was enough. My overall pace is still slower than most people's walking pace, but that's including the 5 minute walk at the start, and oh yeah, time doesn't matter.

I like the back-to-back Monday/Tuesday runs, so I'm going to try to run again tomorrow. I definitely don't want to leave this week's last run to the weekend again. That was miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment