Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 3, Day 1: 3 minutes? Is that all you got?

Craig and Lucy and I completed Week 3, Day 1 of C25K today. The schedule for today called for the usual 5 minute brisk walk, then 2 repetitions of 90 seconds jogging/90 seconds walking and 3 minutes jogging/3 minutes walking. According to my calculations, this equals 9 minutes of running, which is the same amount of running we did last week. Last week our time to complete 1.6 miles was 25:15, but today our time to complete the same distance, with the same number of minutes spent running, was 28:34. I know time doesn't matter. I'm just sayin'...

The three minutes of running was fine, except that I kept looking at my watch every 10 seconds. Once I get a feel for how long three minutes lasts, I'll hopefully be able to time it better and it won't drag on so much. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but 3 minutes of walking was too long. It felt like 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Maybe I need to run faster. Wait-- no! Maybe I just need to be happy that I completed today's program and do it again twice more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment