Monday, July 12, 2010

1 year update

It's almost been a year since I started my C25K journey. I ran a 5K race yesterday, my 5th since completing the C25K program, and it felt wonderful! My time was 32:41, a 10:31 pace. I'm happy with that. More than happy. I'm thrilled!

The best part about the run was that it just felt natural. I didn't have to play any mind games with myself, and I didn't need Journey or Snoop Dogg on my ipod to keep me going. I don't know if it's because the course was so familiar to me (Lake Quannipowitt in Wakefield, MA), or if it's because I did a 5 mile a few weeks ago which made the 5K seem easy, or if it's because I ate the right breakfast at the right time and the temperature was just right, etc. I don't really care WHY I had a great run, I'm just glad that I did. This is where I wanted to get to. I want to always be able to run 5K, and bonus if my pace is in the 10's.

I didn't have a great picture from the finish, but this is something.



Now, who's ready for a half marathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment